“Brain attacks” which occur due to a disturbed blood circulation in some part of the brain are called stroke. This is the fourth leading cause of death in the USA and of course the leading reason for adult handicap.
Strokes comes to be of two types: ischemic and hemorrhagic. Now, the first types are typical strokes that occur due to a constricting or blocking of brain canals, reducing blood flow. Other type includes less common strokes as result of the hemorrhaging psychological.
In order to prevent brain damage due to the stroke, one needs to learn to recognize its symptoms and to ask for medical help on time. Its symptoms may vary in different people. Still all warning signs happen suddenly, and some of the most common include:
- Trouble strolling, and loss of balance or control, trouble in talking, with difficulties to understand speech, numbness in the arm, leg or face, particularly one side
- Other common symptoms are
- complete paralysis,vision problems -one or both eyes; sudden disappointment without particular cause
In order to recognize beginning of stroke, one needs to learn the F.A.S.T. acronym. Here is its meaning:
– examine whether a side of the face sags, ask the patient to smile.
– Ask patient to lift arms and see whether one drifts downward.
-Ask patient to replicate a fundamental phrase, check if the speech is odd or it is slurry
-Every single minute is has crucial importance. That is why should call an ambulance as soon as possible.
You need to remember that the warning signs occur fast, start suddenly,you should not wait any second more for condition to improve or worsen and immediately seek a clinical assistance.
Call an ambulance instead of driving, as medical employees will start the procedure on the way to the hospital.
Moreover, even if it comes to experience these symptoms and they vanish after a few minutes, still you should visit doctor as those short episodes are known as transient ischemic assaults (TIAs). They may increase the risk of a full stroke soon.
People sometimes may confuse symptoms of stroke and migraine, so this is how to differentiate them:
- The warning signs of strokes occur suddenly, while migraine occur gradually and spread.
- Sometimes, symptoms of a migraine are positive in the form of added stimuli, viewing flashing lights or zigzag forms. But in contrast, TIA signs normally start with unpleasant symptoms hearing loss, loss of vision, and loss of limb power.
Strokes occur regardless of time or age, but these risk factors elevate the chances:
- High blood pressure;
- Cigarette smoking
- Age 55 or older;
- Problems such as blood, heart problems, or atrial fibrillation
- Migraines with mood, or aesthetic disruptions
- Family history
One needs to avoid the risks and consume a healthy and balanced diet, high in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and regularly exercise to keep the body healthy.
3,199 total views, 1 views today